What information is included in activity data?
Activity data falls into two categories:
1. Identifiable activity data
• your name
• which e-learning resources you have accessed
• date e-learning resources were accessed
• time spent on those resources
• assessment scores (where appropriate).
2. Anonymised activity data (i.e. individual’s names are not included)
Summarised information counting:
• which e-learning resources have been accessed
• which e-learning resources have been completed
• time spent on those resources
• aggregated assessment scores
Who can see my elearning activity data?
You can always see all your own activity.
See more about reporting on your own activity.
In addition, HEE elfh may share information about your activity in line with HEE elfh’s terms and conditions. As long as you have accepted the terms and conditions, then your activity data may be shared in the following ways:
- Members of the HEE elfh team may be able to see your activity data. For example, Hub administrators can see everyone’s activity data in the system and people working on specific projects that you are enrolled on can view users’ activity in order to gauge the uptake of the project.
- If you have an ePortfolio, then the capability may exist for your ePortfolio to be automatically populated with your activity data. This requires your explicit approval to set up the link between our Hub and the ePortfolio system.
- It is possible for you to authorise specific individuals (e.g. tutors) to view your activity record. Again, this requires your explicit approval.
See more about permissions-based activity reporting.
- We may share your activity data with authorised individuals in other organisations involved in medical training in the healthcare arena. These organisations include professional bodies that a particular user is a member of, such as medical Royal College or Foundation School; or employing organisations, such as a Trust HR department.
It is important that you keep the place of work in your profile up to date so that we share your activity data with the correct Trust.
The data included in these reports is limited by programme.
Can I limit who has access to the record of my elearning activity?
While you are a registered user with HEE elfh you cannot limit access beyond the limitations set out in the previous question.
I am a trainee, can I see the elearning activity of other trainees?
If you wish to see the elearning activity of another trainee then you need to obtain their express permission.
Find out more about how to get access to another user’s e-learning activity.
Trainees reporting on activity
How do I access reports about my elearning activity?
1. Log in
2. Select the ‘My activity’ menu option
3. Select which report you would like to run
4. Enter the filter details:
- which programmes/courses to include in the report
- date range and order of the report
5. Choose an output type
- view on screen
- create a PDF document for download
- create a CSV file for importing into a spreadsheet or database application
If you need to produce a record of your activity on a particular course (e.g. to demonstrate to a tutor that you have completed some learning), then this is available by using the ‘programme/course summary’ report in the My Activity Reports section.
If you need to show a record of your activity on any retired courses then this is available by using the 'Activity Records (Summarised)' report in the 'My Activity Reports' section.
What do I do with my elearning reports?
Your elearning reports can be used to show your learning achievements to your current or future employers.
How do I record my elearning activity reports in my ePortfolio?
Currently, we have the following ePortfolio links:
- Horus for Foundation trainees in England – activity from all programmes is transferred
- Turas for Foundation trainees in Scotland – activity transferred is from the Foundation Programme only
- RCGP - activity transferred is from the General Practice 2012 Curriculum only
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Does HEE elfh award CPD points?
HEE elfh does not award CPD points. Each programme is developed and maintained through collaboration between HEE elfh and a professional body. The professional body determines the value of elearning and accredits activity. HEE elfh provides the evidence through reporting and certificates to support your application to the professional body for CPD points.
Some programmes have published the CPD allocation on the HEE elfh website (www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes). However, if you require further information you should contact the relevant professional body.
I am from a Trust, how can I get access to activity reports for staff in my organisation?
When a user accepts HEE elfh’s terms and conditions, they permit their activity data to be shared with their Trust. However, HEE elfh has to take reasonable precautions to ensure that only appropriate people within the Trust have access to these reports. Therefore, we require users to be authorised by either the Trusts medical director or the HR director before we give them access to the reporting suite.
More information about the authorisation process.
Reporting at organisation level
What is the authorisation process for organisations to run reports on their staff?
Who will be included in the reports?
Each user is asked to set their place of work in their user profile. Any users who have the same place of work as the person running the report will be included. Therefore, it is important that all users keep this data up to date.
To do this they need to click on 'My account' and choose 'employment location'. In the window that opens they should click in their job role which will open another window where the location can be selected in a drop down menu. They should then type either the postcode or the ODS code of their place of work. Click on this and click on 'save changes'.
What programmes will be included in the reports?
The reports being referred to here are identifiable reports i.e. individual staff members will be identified.
It should also be noted that additional reports can be run that do not include identifiable information and there is no restriction on the programmes included in these reports.
Once I have authorisation to run reports, how do I run a report?
How do I access my certificates?
1. Log in.
2. Select the 'My activity' menu option. The select 'Certificates'
3. If you have activity on a programme which has completion certificates, then that programme will be listed.
4. Select the programme.
5. Navigate to the course or learning path which has the certificate you want to access.
6. Select the certificate icon and follow the browser instructions to save or view the certificate.
It is also possible to access your certificates from the My elearning screens.
Certificates are created and presented on page 1 of the PDF. A programme/course summary report is also produced automatically to support your certificate and this is presented from page 2 onwards within the PDF. This does not apply to ICE-BLU or Laser Safety.
How do I know which courses will provide me with certificates?
If you need to get a record of your learning activity in the Hub, you need to run the programme/course summary report in the My Activity Reports section.
Completion certificates are available when you have completed (or passed, where appropriate) all the sessions in a specific course, learning path or programme.
Once a certificate is available for a programme, you will see a certificate icon alongside that programme in the my e-learning screen. The certificate icon will also be available against the courses and learning paths within that programme.
If the programme, course or learning path has not been completed, the certificate icon is greyed out.
Once you have completed all the sessions, the certificate icon becomes enabled.
You can download your certificate by selecting the enabled certificate icon.
How do I print out additional copies of my certificates?
- Save the PDF certificate file when you first generate it and then print out as many copies as you need.
- Regenerate the certificate and then print out additional copies.
If you have accessed the sessions mentioned within the certificate since the last printing and achieved different statuses then the re-generated certificate may show these new status results.
More information on which activity is included on the certificate.
Can I keep my certificates electronically?
When you access your certificate through the Hub, you are given the option of saving the file electronically.
You can re-save the file as often as you like.
Note: If you have accessed the sessions mentioned within the certificate since the last saving and achieved different statuses then the certificate may show these new status results when you access it from the Hub to re-save it.
Who else can access my certificates?
Your certificates can only be accessed through your own account.